You might have heard of VR glasses which are the most relatable when it comes to reality. Also, there are other resources as well where you’ll get access to the awesome deal-breaking features as well. No matter who you’re but the augmented reality glasses will surely help you at some point to notice the reality.
The use of augmented reality is constantly increasing day by day as there are several other resources as well but if you’re a bit serious about the content consumption then make sure to have a look at the AR glasses that can be accessed through any resource you’ve. No matter who you’re but it’s essential to have AR glasses which is a good thing.
What Is Augmented Reality?
AR is a method of technology that enhances the physical environment on the screen of a mobile device by overlaying them over digital content.
In terms of the distinction between augmented and virtual reality, they are two completely distinct technology. In contrast to VR, AR is based on the footprints of the real world and only adds computer-generated information like animation or 3D objects instead of replacing the existing virtual.
With the number of mobile phones with smart technology and the constant development of their capabilities, AR has entered many aspects of our lives. It has evolved into an interactive idea that impacts how we purchase or research.
To overlay digital data, AR applications can use various methods, such as connecting computer-generated content to “markers or determining the location at which data should be added using GPS.
What Differs Augmented Reality From Virtual Reality Glasses?
In contrast to the virtual world, Augmented reality isn’t restricted to wearable devices and is being developed and used on smartphones or projectors as well as PCs alike, in addition to AR glasses, or AR headsets. While this technology has a huge potential for widespread adoption it’s a bit less well-known than virtual reality.
Drawing inspiration from the likes that Lenovo’s AR Concept Glasses and NReal Light AR smartphone glasses, users will be able to utilize smartphones and PCs in AR while on the move and in complete security, as the lightweight as well as wearable glasses let smartphone and PC users connect to their work on PCs as well as social media and games remotely.
How Many Types Of AR Glasses Are There?
Undoubtedly there are multiple types of AR glasses available in the market, I’ve compiled the list of best AR glasses types that one needs to know about, so here are they:-
Augmented Reality glasses that are based on this technology show 3D holograms that are overlayed onto the real world, where the user is to provide a mixed reality experience for the user. This hologram is created through light diffraction techniques.
HUDs are transparent screen that displays data on the user’s screen directly in direct view Therefore, the user should not be distracted from their normal perspectives. The additional information displayed could include directions, locations plans chats with other users, or even 3D videos and images.
AR smart glasses are computer-capable wearable glasses that add additional information, typically 3D images as well as other information, like animations or videos to the user’s actual-world scene by overlaying the computer-generated or digital data on the real-world view of the user. It can pull information from smartphones, computers, or other devices, and accommodate WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS.
Handheld AR refers to mobile devices like smartphones that have AR applications that can be installed to connect to and use AR. They differ from AR headsets, which are placed on your head. They are user-friendly and inexpensive.
Besides all of the above-mentioned AR types, there are other types as well which I don’t think you need to know about as they’re not as important as the above-mentioned ones. So now without any further ado let’s get deep into the list of best reality glasses.
What Are The Best Augmented Reality Glasses?
When it comes to augmented reality glasses no doubt there are so many manufacturers out there serving different types of AR glasses, but I’ve compiled the list of best AR glasses that one could consider buying in 2021, so here are they:
Oculus Quest 2
Whether it’s virtual reality Augmented reality but oculus is one of the well-known brands that still stands on the top just because they have to offer you high-end features along with their devices that make it stands out of the market. So if you’re the one who’s a bit conscious to have a good pair of AR glasses then make sure to have an eye upon the Oculus Quest 2 that comes with smooth performance and a high-resolution display which is a good thing.
- Get access to the high-resolution display of 1832×1920 which is a good thing.
- Get access to a couple of storage options i.e. 64GB and 256GB.
- The package consists of VR headset and touch controllers along with other complementary essentials.
- In-built speakers.
- Easy to set up.
- Compatible with PC.
- Large LCD of 5.46 inches.
- Touch controls.
- Advanced VR glasses settings.
- You need to log in via FB.
Merge AR/VR Headset
Next up on my list is the all-new Merge AR glasses that come with android compatibility and features some of the other cool features as well that’ll surely blow up your kind as well. It also supports 360° angle while video playing which is a kind of deal-breaking feature you need to look upon.
For the virtual travel experience taker, this could be the perfect option
- Get access to various phones including iPhone and Android phones as well.
- Get access to 360° angle video capability.
- Trips are available with some of the popular brands like National Geography, Discovery, NASA, etc.
- Immersive sound experience that will enhance your content consumption quality.
- You can hold the virtual objects as well.
- You can explore the world sitting inside your home.
- So easy to clean.
- Compatible with all the iPhones and Android devices as well.
- It serves you several focus attention along with the students learning.
- Helps students in learning.
- It’s a bit expensive when it comes to a merged AR/VR headset.
Lenovo Star Wars: Jedi Challenges, Smartphone Powered Augmented Reality Experience
When it comes to virtual reality and Augmented reality how can we forget one of the great manufacturers in the field that is Lenovo. For a very long time, Lenovo is about to set up its profile into the AR and VR world. One of the great advantages of purchase in Lenovo Star Wars AR glasses is that it is compatible with both iOS and Android platform devices.
- It’s super compatible with both iOS and Android devices as well.
- The package consists of an AR headset and a traveling beacon.
- It serves you maximum game immersion as well.
- Use its app for free to get access to multiple other resources.
- It comes with over 5, hours of battery life.
- So easy to use and to set up.
- Get real experiences through the home itself.
- Experience the challenges of using these AR and VR glasses.
- It complies compatible with devices less than 6.5 inches.
Magic Leap One
Magic leap one could be your go-to AR glasses that serve you 50-degree field along with the enhanced aspect ratio of around 4:3 which is a good thing. And the overall eye pixels are around 1300 which serves you accessibility to have a better image. The 120Hz of refresh rate feels like a real image.
- Comes with Bluetooth 4.2 and wifi 802.11ac/b/g/n along with the USB Type-C as well.
- Comes with an Nvidia Tegra X2 processor.
- Weighs only 415 gms.
- It comes with a 50-degree field view angle.
- Weighs only 415 gms.
- Truly portable.
- Battery life is not enough.
- Bit expensive.
Microsoft HoloLens 2
Recently launched HoloLens 2 by Microsoft serves you better compatibility all across the devices you use. And the degree of freedom you get is 52 degrees which is a good thing. The transparent lens looks too good in each aspect and the 3D color and images serve the natural spaces.
- Get 4 GB of RAM along with 64 GB of storage.
- In-built Snapdragon 850 processor with better processing power support.
- Compatible with multiple devices you use.
- Get access to 88MP of the camera and transparent lens as well.
- Gestures are so comfortable.
- Get an extensive field of view.
- Bit expensive and not ideal for home usage.
Google Glass Enterprise Edition 2
One of the most augmented AR glasses from Google is Google Glasses Enterprise edition 2 that comes with 720 p video support. It has inbuilt 2 GB of RAM and 32GB of memory for storage purposes.
- It served you 2GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage for better convenience.
- Comes with a built hinge sensor as well.
- Voice commands can be used as it has inbuilt earphones.
- No need to have external pair of earphones.
- Lighter in weight.
- The process is fast.
- Battery life can last up to 8 hours.
- Bit expensive.
- Not ideal for home usage.
Epson Moverio BT-300
Epson comes with its new gadget that offers u23 degrees of field of view along with 720 p HD resolution and OLED display support. The 24-bit color reproduction offers you a saturated display quality.
- Get access to the 720p HD resolution.
- The glasses are OLED.
- It serves around 1280×720 pixels quality.
- 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage.
- Lasts up to 6 hours.
- Get access to 720p display quality.
- 2GB of RAM along with 16GB of internal storage.
- 23 degrees of depth of field.
- OLED display.
- Limited storage of 32GB.
- Limitations in processing power.
Raptor AR headset
Next up on my list is the all-new Raptor AR headset that comes with a 13.2MP front camera and a 43-degree field of view. Also, it serves you 2GB of RAM along with 32GB of internal storage. The placement of the screen is really good.
- Get access to the 43-degree field of view.
- Get 2GB of RAM & 32 GB of storage.
- OLED display accessibility.
- Real-time graphic info.
- Long-lasting battery life of 8hours.
- Get access to different visor tints.
- Cheap than other AR glasses.
- Not for outdoor usage.
Vuzix Blade AR
Vuzix Blade AR provides you 10-degree field of view along with the 8MP camera. The mic supports noise cancellation which is a good thing for the creators. It’s compatible with Android and iOS both and comes with Alexa operations as well.
- Comes with voice commands accessibility.
- Versatile in terms of quality.
- 8MP camera with full HD.
- Indication light is provided.
- 8MP HD camera.
- Rechargeable batteries.
- Poor battery life.
Last but not least is the Toshiba DynaEdge. It comes with 1280×720 pixels and 5MP camera support. It also has around 6 sensors for better compatibility and built-in speakers as well.
- Get access to 6 sensors.
- Weighs only 47gms.
- 4 different frame mounts.
- Noise cancellation mic.
- Built-in speakers.
- Just like the traditional glasses.
- Noise cancellation effect.
There are so many different types of AR and VR glasses are available that might get you confused for sure and choosing the right one is very crucial. Through this post, I have shared the list of 10 different types of AR glasses that you could consider buying along with that I have shared a bit of the information that might be helpful for you. So make sure to check them out as per the convenience.